Ikea Bedroom Haul - Harry's Bedroom

19/02/2015

in
How can my, just, 3 year old have outgrown his toddler bed already! When his grandparents got him a Thomas the tank engine bed for his second Christmas I thought it would at least last him two or three years surly! Oh how I was wrong as we only seemed to manage 13 months out of it! Harry loves to lye across the bed and we think that is why he kept wakening up in the middle of the night as he would try to lye across and wake himself up by hitting his head on the sides etc. So a couple of weekends ago I took a notion that it was time to get rid of Thomas and get a new 'big boy' bed. That meant that there was only one place to go.. IKEA! Oh how I love IKEA. You can literally get everything you need there at amazing prices. It's fantastic. Here are some of the things we picked up on our trip! We decided to go for a monochrome look with a splash of red as he already had some red bits and pieces in his room and it works perfectly!



  1.  Kallax shelves - these are fantastic for any room in your house but we got this for Harry's room to store some of his books and toys that he uses regularly so they are all in the one place and easily accessible. In the bottom four squares we have used the red and black DORAN  boxes pictured in no: 7 which are great for holding toys and bits of lego.
  2. Gurli cushion - Harry already has two red gingham style cushions in his room so I picked up this plain red one just as an extra. 
  3. Tuvbaracka duvet - when I saw this duvet I knew it would work great with the rest of the room and the fact that it was reversible was an extra bonous.
  4. Vargyllen cushion - as you can tell I love cushions! I thought this would look nice as it had black and white stripes to match the duvet and it was a nice size as well.
  5. Navviva cushion - I just loved the pattern on this cushion and thought it would mix things up a bit bringing a different black and white pattern into the mix.
  6. Kura reversible bed - this bed is just great. I was a bit sceptical at first about getting Harry a bunk bed as I wasn't sure if he would be big enough to get up and down the steps on his own and was afraid of how he was going to manage getting out of bed in the dark if he woke up in the middle of the night. However when I saw the bed in the store it actually wasn't all that high and I thought he would be able to manage it ok and if he couldn't the great thing was that I could quickly and easily turn the bed upside down and use it as a normal bed until he was ready for it to be a bunk bed again.
  7. Doran red and black boxes - these boxes are so handy and at £2.50 each you can't go wrong. Like I said above I use these boxes along with the Kallax shelves and they fit great and are nice and deep to fit all those toys in and keep them out of the way.
  8. Samla box - again these boxes are nice and deep to store all those toys away. I got two of them, one for Harry and one for James, so they are able to have their own individual toys in and makes it easier for me to sort out whose toys go where when tidying them away at the end of the day.
We picked up a few extra bits like plain black picture frames and black and red hooks that are in the shape of a dogs hind legs and his tail is where you hang stuff from which I though were rather cool! Once the hubby finishes painting Harry's room I will do a post on the finished look!

If you would like any more info about any of the products above don't be afraid to leave a comment or email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment